Interim Financial Controller - 12 month FTC
A fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced, Private Equity backed business
Varied role combining, controls, process improvements and commercial activities
About Our Client
Dean & Reddyhoff are a hugely successful marina developer with a heritage stretching back nearly 25 years. They have a presence along the Hampshire and Dorset Coast with 5 strategically located marinas and plans to build more. Now under Private Equity ownership by Mansford LLP, they have flourished, and with more organic and acquisitional growth planned, the future looks incredibly bright.
The Financial Controller is required to spend at least 2 days a week in Portland, Dorset with the rest of the week spent at the other sites which include, Southampton and Portsmouth, depending on where the candidate resides.
Managing a team of three and reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will also be responsible for:
- Managing the day to day finances across all accounting functions, including the reconciliations of all nominal and intercompany accounts, and reviewing and analysing all inputs to the financial statements
- Coordinating month end and quarterly reporting, produce the monthly management accounts and financial statements, analyse actual/budget variances, and provide commentary in support of the financial statements
- Ensuring adequate controls over receipts, payments and invoice processing are adhered to
- Supporting management in decision making for strategic planning
- Producing accurate budgets and track ongoing performance against budget
- Strategically planning cash-flow to reach company objectives
- Producing management information packs for the board
- Communicating, coordinating, and providing ad-hoc management reports as required
- Business analysis on specified areas and new projects as required
- Overseeing debtor collection processes
- Overseeing payroll processes
- Establishing a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties, including banks and advisers.
- Ensuring the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met. Oversee regulatory reporting and information required by HMRC (VAT, PAYE), and other regulatory bodies
- Leading the year end and statutory audit and tax process, although an interim audit is planned for January 18.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant industry experience, ideally with a Private Equity backed or highly leveraged business. A solid, commercial understanding of business drivers whilst still demonstrating a hands-on approach to finance will be essential.
- Demonstrable technical abilities (Excel/accounting software)
- Sage Line 50 experience is essential.
Travel to other business sites will be necessary on a weekly basis so you must be business facing and therefore able to work with, and communicate effectively with operations.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary & benefits package