Interim Head of Contracts
Working for a well known organisation
Great role for a senior commercial lawyer
About Our Client
A well know organisation specialising in the manufacturing and supply chain sector. My client is looking for a Head of Contracts to start as soon as possible, full time hours on a 12 month fixed term contracts.
- Develop and implement a Contracting Strategy for organisation and commercial customers.
- Be responsible for effectively managing the Contracting Team in their portfolio of contracts.
- Lead in the negotiation of supply, manufacturing and testing services contracts ensuring appropriately authorised contracts are in place for all services.
- Identify and mitigate against risk through managing the contracting process.
- Represent the business in contracting meetings and respond to contracting queries and issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective relationships
- Develop a mechanism to establish and monitor service level agreements (SLA's) and contracts.
- Enable the organisation to respond to changing policy in the principal areas of contracting and income.
- Be responsible for maximising income through the contracting process.
The Successful Applicant
As interim Head of Contracts, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- UK qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 10 years' PQE
- Proven track record of managing a team, demonstrating excellent leadership skills
- Specialist in commercial contracts, including public sector contracts
- Experience working in the manufacturing / supply chain sector
- Strong communicator and ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to work in Birmingham
What's on Offer
Exciting project with a well established client on a 12 month contract.