Interim Head of Financial Risk and Governance (11 Months)
Property services. Risk, Governance, Internal Audit, Interim Contract, FTC
Over £3billion in assets. High performing team. Newly created function
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with an asset portfolio of over £3 billion and an annual income of over £700 million.
This organisation has responsibility for both the facilities and the property management functions. This company own and run properties that range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art centres.
You will be based in the City of London and work extremely closely with the Finance team and Audit and Governance Comittee.
The role holder will join a team of over 40 finance professionals who provide financial reporting, control and general ledger oversight for the business. The role will oversee the development, communication, compliance and monitoring of the Risk Management Framework across the organisation and within the Finance Directorate.
- To develop and communicate the framework for capturing and reporting of corporate and finance risks.
- To co-ordinate the corporate risk process including ensuring the corporate risk register is regularly updated and reported to the Senior Executive Team and the Audit and Governance Committee.
- To help identify and track key risks and issues within in the wider Finance function along with key financial risks across the company.
- To ensure that open risks, issues and audit actions are dealt with and closed on a timely basis.
- To chair the Finance Control and Risk forum with senior finance leadership.
- To chair the Organisational and Finance Risk forums.
- To ensure company-wide financial policies are in place and embedded which help improve and maintain the control environment.
- To develop and document internal control policies and business specific control standards covering all areas with a direct impact on financial reporting and controls and support the business in rolling these out.
- To aid and support the development and monitoring of key controls across the Finance team.
- To conduct internal and operational compliance reviews against policy to ensure adherence.
- Together with the CFO and Senior Finance team sets the agenda for finance updates to A&G.
- Working together with finance colleagues, will draft A&G papers for review by the CFO.
- To attend A&G to deliver updates for Finance as required.
- To interact with internal audit providers on progress of finance related reviews.
- To manage the work of the Risk and Governance team (currently 1 team member).
- To guide and mentor junior staff.
- To play a wider role in training the wider teams on accounting updates.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA / ACCA/ CIMA/ IIA/ CIA Qualified
- Deep understanding of audit, financial control frameworks and risk reporting within a medium to large company with varied finance functions
- Experience of policy and report writing.
- Experience gained within a risk and/or internal or external audit function.
- Experience of gathering and understanding of risk types and challenging colleagues in making assessment of impact.
- Ability to act as a team player
- Ability to liaise with, and present to, senior stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to articulate risks and challenge others to ensure the right outcome
- Ability to influence effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Managerial skill set
- Personal drive to get things done
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to work in part of the largest property services businesses in the UK
- Working with an extremely high performing and fast growing finance function
- Room to grow the team and hire talent as the organisation develops
- Exposure to risk frameworks and governance
- City of London - Central London
- Internal audit, risk manager, governance officer, financial assurance