Interim Head of Repairs and Maintenance (DLO)
Growing Social Housing Organisation
Competitive Hourly Rate
About Our Client
Our client is a large council based out in East Anglia, who are looking for an Interim Repairs and Maintenance Manager to oversee many aspects of social housing for the council.
The main responsibilities for the Interim Head of Repairs and Maintenance are as follows, but not limited to:
- The post is responsible for providing some of the Council's flagship housing services namely the Repairs Service, Voids Service and the Caretaking Service. In addition, the post holder leads and manages a large vehicle fleet, waste facility and in-house stores at the Council's depot.
- Responsible for delivering all services to required standards within area of control and all functions such as Project Management & Supervision, Compliance with Legislation, Building & Quantity Surveying, Asset Management, Mechanical & Electrical.
- Responsible to manage up to 75 direct employees and a further number indirectly via a supply chain of contractors for specialist works.
- Responsible for budgets of circa £5m.
- The position is responsible for the Council's emergency service, so there is a requirement for the candidate to be very flexible and make quick decisions.
- This role will also contributes as a member of the (M&C) management team in all aspects of the business, which has annual budgets to £20m and 100+ employees as well as an extensive supply chain.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Interim Head of Repairs and Maintenance, will have the following experience:
- Degree and five years' experience of technical and organisational knowledge in related field.
- Up to date knowledge of appropriate regulation, legislation and practice in Building and Construction.
- Experience of delivering local authority services at a senior level.
- Experience of managing all Quantity Surveying, estimating functions, projects and contracts management functions.
- Experience of management and control of budgets for including monitoring, reporting and preparation of estimates.
- Must have experience working within a DLO, and understand the challenges which come with this.
- Demonstrate effective presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively building trust, mediating, conciliating, negotiating and delegating.
- NEBOSH, MCIOB, MRICS, MCMI and ISO9001 desirable.
What's on Offer
- Excellent day rate
- Immediate start
- Majority home based working