- Interim In House Indirect Tax Manager with a fast growth online retail business
- Flexible opportunity for someone to work on 3 month contract - remote working
About Our Client
A fast growth, big brand, online retail business in the Manchester area.
The successful Interim In House Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all indirect tax obligations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Managing US Sales Tax compliance, working closely with external partners to ensure accurate and timely submission of tax returns and remittances.
- Ensuring the tax requirements for existing and new jurisdictions are properly captured in financial reporting and billing systems.
- Ensuring the business can meet all e-reporting requirements
- Supporting the wider business on Customs Duty compliance and processes.
- Supporting the business in its growth plans by offering strategic, ad hoc advice as needed on all projects
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement in tax process and controls
- Managing any external tax audits
- Managing external advisers in relation to all tax matters
- Providing training to other areas of the business
The Successful Applicant
The successful Interim In House Indirect Tax Manager will:
- Be qualified in a professional Accountancy Qualification - ACA / ATT or CTA qualified or qualified by experience in the relevant profession or HMRC
- Have significant experience in VAT accounting and financial reconciliations
- Be strong with UK/EU VAT technical knowledge and have an ability to independently problem solve commercial situations.
- Have the ability to drive change and work with others to improved processes and controls
- Be able to prioritise workload and keep to deadlines
- Be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Have outstanding attention to detail whilst keeping in mind the bigger picture
What's on Offer
The successful Interim In House Indirect Tax Manager will receive:
Circa £400 - £500 p/day depending on experience.
This position can also potentially be based remotely.