interim Housing Officers - Rent & Homelessness
2x interim Housing Officer roles available
Rent and Homelessness support
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of homes and housing services based in the East Midlands
interim Income / Rent Officer
- To provide support to tenants who are facing rent and housing related debts, through early intervention with an emphasis on personal contact with tenants.
- To prevent arrears from escalating in line with rent collection policies and procedures in an effort to prevent serious debt and homelessness
- To identify where tenants may be experiencing difficulty in meeting their commitment to pay rent and service charges and be able provide a debt counselling and advice service to.
interim Homelessness Officer
- Provide efficient and effective homelessness prevention and housing options services to people experiencing housing problems.
- You will be assessing homeless applications, looking for creative opportunities to prevent homelessness and making of decisions in accordance with the new provisions of the Homeless Reduction Act 2017
- You will need to have a working knowledge of housing legislation, the local and national policy context, welfare reform and statutory instruments relating to Homelessness and Social Inclusion, as well as some experience of partnership working.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidates will have proven track records in the above roles and will be available at short notice.
What's on Offer
Excellent hourly rate.