Interim Housing Options Officer
Competitive Hourly Rate
About Our Client
I am working alongside a local authority, which has a growing focus on the needs of its social housing within the community. They are
The Interim Housing Options Officer will be responsible for:
To interview applicants presenting themselves as homeless or threatened with homelessness, to assess their applications under the homeless legislation.
- Ensure that all efforts are made to prevent homelessness, which will include negotiations with housing providers, comprehensive welfare benefit information, detailed debt advice, negotiations with creditors/financial institutions and referrals to mortgage rescue schemes.
- To give advice and support in the prevention of homelessness.
- Promote and maintain a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service
- To liaise with Registered Social Landlords or other agencies who provide temporary accommodation for homeless families and to monitor the standard of the accommodation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Interim Housing Options Officer will be:
- We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, with experience of working within social housing and are committed to excellent customer service.
- Experience working with a local council/authority
- Been part of homeless decision review process (desirable)
- Ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate
- Be able to take a proactive approach to their work
- Experience dealing with complex situations.
- Understand how to handle a case, and when to escalate a case to the housing manager.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What's on Offer
- Immediate start
- Competitive hourly rate
- Minimum 6 month contract
- Flexible working (working from home)