Interim Legal Counsel
Excellent opportunity with a global business
Midlands based Engineering & Manufacturing company
About Our Client
Industrial engineering and manufacturing business with a global reach, offering a wide range of products and services across 4 key business divisions. We are looking for an experienced commercial contracts interim legal counsel to join this company for a 12 month period to cover a maternity leave, starting Mid-March 2019.
This is a full time role and we can consider a qualified solicitor with between 2 - 5 years+ PQE or an experienced contract manager or legal exec, who has a proven background of contract law and drafting.
- Responsibility to ensure that contracts entered into are compliant with the company's contract and risks management policies and directives, are commercially viable, reduce liability and protect the interests of the business in general.
- Analysis of risk associated with client contracts and provision of advice to senior management team on acceptability or otherwise of risk
- Negotiation of acceptable amended terms and conditions with clients, including payments terms / credit risk and delivery requirements.
- Responsibility for negotiation of Bank Guarantees and Letters of Credit with clients and banking representatives
- Liaison with internal (e.g. legal counsels in EMEA and at Headquarters) and external legal specialists where client/contract jurisdictions require non-UK terms and conditions.
- Advise on and participate in negotiations of partnerships, consortia and other agreements with suppliers.
- Liaise with HMRC and other statutory bodies in such matters as Inward Process Relief, complex delivery requirements etc.
- Familiar with the risks and hazards within the activities and processes of the role and procedures, practices and measures in place to mitigate the risks.
- Assist with debt recovery actions in coordination with Finance.
- Provide legal advice to other functions, and where necessary lead dispute resolution activities.
- Provide legal support for real estate related matters, including lease agreements and dilapidations claims.
- Assist the sales organisation with the IDDA Process if requested
- General support of EMEA legal team and Headquarters legal in implementing legal and compliance risks management.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales or similar in-house legal experience, with minimum 2-3 years relevant experience of managing own workload
- Have a proven track record of work specialising in commercial contracts
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills, understanding of business / business orientation, result driven,
- Change management skills
- Negotiating skills
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Relationship management skills
- Commercial and Legal acumen
- Customer service
- Experience of negotiating complex contracts with clients and suppliers
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work with a global leader in their field as their interim legal counsel.