Interim Legal Counsel
Excellent opportunity for someone looking to move in-house
Great variety of work for a strong commercial lawyer
About Our Client
My client is a well known and reputable organisation acting as a representative body in the public sector. The culture within this organsation if fantastic and they pride themselves on their people.
They are based in the East Midlands and are looking for a commercial lawyer to support them over a 12 month period to cover a maternity leave in the legal team.
WE are looking for someone t start Mid-December and can be flexible on wither a full time or part time basis.
This role supports the work of the CEO office and of the Head of Legal and Governance to whom the post holder reports. The post holder will be required to advise and support the smooth running of the complaints processes and to draft and negotiate a range of legal documentation including contracts, terms of business, agreements, membership agreements and copyright agreements to meet the needs of the Society. The post holder is also required to provide at all levels sound legal and corporate advice to ensure all business decisions, operations and processes including employee relations and contracts management are in compliance with excellent legal and governance practice and mitigate risk where appropriate.
To support the work of the Head of Legal and Governance in the provision of legal services:
- Covering a broad range of commercial contracts matters as well as data protection, general employment law queries and corporate governance.
- Providing legal advice and support in relation to the management of complaints.
- Preparing a full suite of contractual documentation to support procurement of goods and services.
- Providing timely and comprehensive legal advice including ethical issues and those arising with staff, contractors, consultants and service providers.
- Reviewing policies, procedures ,contracts and tender documents and systems, as required, to ensure that they are legally compliant and reflect best practice and producing model documentation where required.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and research relating to all aspects of the legal and governance spectrum including analysing and evaluating issues and data, and offering broad based advice on the courses of action available.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the position of In-house Legal Counsel you are required to have the following skills and experience:
- Must be a UK qualified solicitor with an in-date practising certificate
- Have a minimum of 3 years' PQE +
- Have a proven track record in commercial contracts law
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Varied and interesting work, lot of flexibility to work from home and be part of an existing highly regarded legal team.