- Working with a growing charity
- Are an interim charity financial controller
About Our Client
This company focuses on redistribution; reducing waste and helping those that are in need. They have recently merged with a similar organisation so are rapidly growing. This medium to the small sized team is dedicated to this charity's mission, with the combined knowledge and a supportive environment has achieved a lot in a short amount of time.
- Oversee the company accounts of both the charity and trading company.
- Manage, lead and train the financial and services staff.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by delegating roles and providing constructive feedback.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, process payroll information, invoicing, and processing expenses (staff and volunteers).
- Ensure that all financial transactions are effectively recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government legislation and regulations.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team, board members, and 3rd party tax experts to optimise the VAT, CT, and gift aid position of the charity and trading company.
- Support the Management Accountant in the completion of cash flow forecast by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Work with auditors to run year end, audit and statutory accounts.
- Work with the Company Secretary to produce the Annual report.
- Ensure all finance policies and procedures are correctly in place and up to date.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Report to the Director of Finance and Services with timely and accurate financial information.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Services in presenting reports to the senior management team, trustees and board members.
The Successful Applicant
- has worked in a charity with a trading arm and understood the tax implications of this
- has managed staff before
- has year end and audit experience
- has implemented successful process improvement
What's on Offer
- part time, flexible role
- hybrid working
- experience of a growing organisation