Interim Planned Surveyor
Growing Social Housing Organisation
About Our Client
Our client is leading local authority with ambitious plans in their social housing team, for continued development and a passion for customer focus.
Planned Surveyor, in Birmingham Responsibilities:
- Communicating what works and outcomes are needed on a daily basis with the engineers that report to you.
- Issuing up to date weekly and three weekly programmes.
- Planning programme delivery and including organising your resources and materials within timescale and budgets.
- Quality checking works your engineers deliver to ensure standards are achieved. This will include quality of work, H & S and the Environment.
- Assist the Planned Works Manager to deliver the annual planned/ capital/ cyclical works programmes and services.
- Liaising with customers to deal with their enquiries.
- Solving technical issue for site engineers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Planned Surveyor in Birmingham will have:
- Good technical knowledge of building and/or housing maintenance and planned replacement programmes.
- Experience of supervising a sizeable trade or contractor workforce that delivers positive results.
- A HNC or HND in construction or similar
- Three years experience within the construction industry
- Social housing experience
- You will also have experience of managing and supervising a small team of surveyors and administration support staff.
- Confident and resilient with the ability to deal with changing demand along with a sound commercial awareness and financial experience.
- Possessing effective organisational, planning and report writing skills, able to drive to undertake site visits.
- A good knowledge and experience of health and safety legislation and compliance issues.
- Ability to plan programme delivery within deadlines and budgets.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Pension Scheme