- Highly autonomous role with interesting and growing business
- Broad workload which is diverse and engaging
About Our Client
Our client is a highly acquisitive group with a large portfolio of brands and businesses operating under the group structure. This sole counsel position will be reporting into a highly practical, knowledgeable and personable CFO with excellent legal knowledge and working with a dynamic business who are supportive and going through change due to potential growth opportunities.
- Broad commercial contract matters (negotiating, drafting and advising the business on a broad range of commercial terms including procurement, supplier agreements, marketing agreements, IT agreements)
- Corporate (support CFO with M&A due diligence, negotiations and final form agreements)
- Work closely with board members and committees on risk reviews, corporate governance, audits and liaise with external advisors where appropriate on AIM matters.
- Company secretarial duties
- GDPR/ Data Protection compliance matters and implementation of new materials and processes
- Brief external solicitors, oversee their work streams and manage the costs.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong communicator who has experience of influencing and persuading at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating commercial agreements.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering training on compliance as well as producing tools to support alignment with the changes.
- A provider of clear, authoritative and commercially aware advice.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Detailed and analytical approach.
- A positive "can do" attitude and a supportive team player.
- Probing and enquiring mind, prepared to challenge information received and assess its impact.
- Proactive self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Solution-focused attitude
- Comes with a minimum of 5 years In-house commercial/corporate exposure and able to work autonomously
What's on Offer
- Excellent day rate (inside IR35)
- Excellent flexible working policy - mostly working from home at the start of this contract
- Excellent working environment with a supportive team and line manager