INTERIM Warehouse Shift Manager
Monday to Friday AM & PM shifts - 6 Month Contract
Leading 3PL firm - multiple sites throughout the UK
About Our Client
Michael Page / Page Personnel Logistics have exclusively partnered with a leading 3PL in their search for an INTERIM Warehouse Shift Manager - 6 Months contract covering the peak period for one of their large Leicester Depots
On a daily basis the successful INTERIM Warehouse Shift Manager will report into the Operations Manager, leading a team of 30-40+ warehouse operatives. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 30-40+ operatives
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI's, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse - 5S
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
INTERIM Warehouse Shift Manager hours of works for this role are:
Monday to Friday 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the INTERIM Warehouse Shift Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - ideally a 3PL environment
- Have managed 30+ people previously in a Warehouse environment.
- Have 6+ years people management experience.
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Worked in a shift rotation (essential - must be used to this work/life balance)
- Have worked within am eCommerce Pick & Pack environment (ideally - not essential)
- Be commutable to Leicester
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Senior Team Lead, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
- Salary - £30,000 to £35,000 (prorated)
- 6 Month contract
- Overtime available