Internal Audit Manager - Leading PLC
Very project driven - Value add and Business Advisory role
Working very closely with the Directors across the PLC
About Our Client
Our client are very innovative, with a fantastic office/business culture and working with a very charismatic Head of Internal Audit. Free parking on-site also commutable from Swindon Train Station
The key responsibilities for this Internal Audit Manager working for a leading PLC based in Swindon are:
- Conduct internal audits (electronic and file-based) to asses and provide independent assurance that that the firm's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
- Plan, organise and carry out the internal audit work in accordance with the internal audit plan, scheduling audit reviews and carrying out the work in the firm.
- Report to management on the findings and their impact on policies/ procedures and activities of the firm.
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed.
- Prepare and present reports (verbal and written) that reflect the audit results, in a professional, clear and concise manner.
- Conduct follow up audits and monitor remedial actions through to completion.
- Identify risks and opportunities to improve and make recommendations to help manage and control such risks and support the firm's approach to continuous improvement.
- Maintain open communication with management and auditees.
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by management, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function.
- Operate audit software and computer systems efficiently and effectively.
- Deliver support, guidance and assurance through operating the Risk and Best Practice Helpdesk, in accordance with team processes and procedures.
- Support the achievement of the internal audit plan and wider risk and compliance plans.
- Collaborate with others in the Risk and Best Practice team sharing useful information, knowledge and expertise.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding: rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Work with the Risk and Best Practice team members to achieve team objectives and targets
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Internal Audit Manager working for a leading PLC based in Swindon will have:
- Hold a relevant professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA and ideally a Chartered Internal Auditor or studying towards this qualification.
- Experience of embedding risk & control frameworks.
- Highly numerate and analytical, able to summarise and assimilate information to understand issues and support good decision making.
- A clear communicator both written and verbal.
- Have the experience and gravitas to work with and be able to challenge strong individuals and teams and to influence senior management for competing priorities.
- Credible and influential, confident working with people of all levels and have a proven track record for developing positive working relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels, including at the most senior level.
- Employ a consultative approach to applying insight and expertise, providing advice as well as assurance.
- Determined approach to get to the root cause of issues and make evidence-based recommendations, with a professional curiosity and a drive to get things right
What's on Offer
Base Salary up to £60,000
Up to 20% Bonus
Newly refurbished Offices
On site parking
Commutable from Swindon Train Station
Extra day annual leave on your birthday