Internal Audit Manager - Public Sector team
Top 10 accountancy firm, London
Client facing managerial role working with a variety of clients.
About Our Client
Top 10 accountancy firm in London.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Internal Audit Manager role within the Public Sector team based in London. The individual will manage multiple internal audit teams and assignments of varying complexity line with the audit plan and internal audit methodology. You will also support Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationship, assist with the department's strategy and support marketing and business development projects.
- Deliver Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Internal Audit assignments which may involve benchmarking systems and processes, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Co-determine with the Partner/Director an audit strategy and risk assessment that will enable profits and the delivery of a value proposition.
- Review audit files and audit reports, including assessment of the appropriateness of the recommendation.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of individual assignments, undertake staff scheduling, ensuring that you have the "best" team for the client.
- Manage the billing and collection in respect of each client in their portfolio.
- Attend Audit Committee meetings as appropriate.
- Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Manage department activities and client relationships on a day to day basis; ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times.
- Manage individuals to ensure that work is completed on time and to the highest quality.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to audit practices, processes and client service.
- Discuss findings with clients and obtain their buy-in to a proposed way forward.
- Research competitor offerings and remain up to date with latest thinking in areas of expertise.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for the Internal Audit team, and inform the partner and client as appropriate. Acts as an ambassador of the firm, participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate the group's employees. This includes participating in recruitment, performance management, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines, and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for councils
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant internal audit and managerial experience.
- MIIA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CCAB qualified.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + 6% cash benefit.