Internal Audit Manager
You are responsible for assessing the control environment across the business
Driving forward the achievement of strategic and operational goals
About Our Client
Our client delivers disaster recovery and restoration services primarily associated with fire, flood and accidental damage claims on behalf of leading insurers and loss adjusters and is a UK based division. The division operates nationally via a managed operation and a franchise network.
The role will review, analyse and identify financial and commercial data to ensure best practice is adopted across the businesses and will look for opportunities for improvements in key business processes in close communication with local management.
Whilst working closely with finance, business support and operations, the role will report to the Finance Director and will become an integral part of the Finance function.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- To formulate an effective internal audit plan and timetable that provides regular and timely assessment of financial, commercial and operational practices to safeguard the business, its shareholders and clients from undue financial exposure and/or brand risk.
- Collate and review all financial reports from the franchise network, analysing data and trends and bringing any areas of concern to local management via comprehensive reports.
- Conduct full audits at franchisee offices majoring on risk management, control management and assessing financial reliability and process compliance with the company's systems, GAAP and UK legislation.
- Oversee and manage the internal compliance team with regard to audits of client contracts within agreed protocols to ensure accurate and appropriate pricing of service delivery.
- Produce and manage an effective risk register for distribution to the board of directors.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong financial and commercial awareness in a contracting environment.
- Strong financial accounting and auditing experience gained in a complex business and operating model.
- Ability to cut through the trees to get to the real issues quickly and effectively.
- Strong IT and data analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Strong and effective communication skills in both written and oral form and ability to demonstrate these at all levels.
- Pragmatic and tenacious in nature but able to display independence of thought.
- Able to maintain high levels of professionalism at all times, having strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance whilst being resilient and calm under pressure.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative and drive to achieve high standards by being very organised, able to prioritise workload and a strong team player and communicator.
- Understand the dynamics between a large corporate parent and SME franchise network.
- Able to manage and mentor direct reports to achieve a best in class auditing function.
What's on Offer
Excellent package and benefits