Internal Audit Senior (Insurance)
Large accountancy firm in London
About Our Client
Our client is a large, independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisors. Within their Financial Services Division, they have a team that specialises in the delivery of Governance, Risk & Control Assurance services (such as internal audit) to clients in the insurance sector, either on an outsourced, co-sourced or secondment basis.
The team is in the process of expanding its size, expertise and client portfolio.
As an Internal Audit Senior you will:
- Attend pre-audit discussions with the client;
- Assist the Manager with the planning and production of the audit plan/scope;
- Understand the objectives of each audit including the budget requirements;
- Ensure that the work undertaken is in accordance with the approved audit plan/scope, timetable and budget;
- Advise the Manager of any developments that may lead to a change in audit approach;
- Ensure compliance with the firm's internal audit methodology and external requirements (such as the IA Standards and the Financial Services Code);
- Identify and understand key risks and controls based on experience, knowledge of best practice from regulators and from working with other clients;
- Recommend appropriate solutions to control weaknesses/failures and communicate and agree these with clients effectively.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified;
- Experience of delivering and leading risk-based internal audits (or similar work) either in a professional practice or in an in-house internal audit function;
- Experience in the insurance sector, including London/Lloyd's market, is ideal;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of relevant regulatory requirements such as Solvency II, Lloyd's Minimum Standards, PRA/FCA requirements, CASS 5 rules;
- Proven communication skills
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits.