Internal Controls Analyst
Fantastic First Move into a Huge Business
Exposure to Complex and Interesting Projects
About Our Client
The successful Internal Controls Analyst will be joining a fuel distributor, based in Greater Manchester, which has huge market share within the UK.
The Key responsibilities of the Internal Controls Analyst include;
- Delivery if the SOX Management testing programme.
- Support the end-to-end SOX and internal control procedures, assisting the Head of Internal controls with the overall SOX programme.
- Perform pre audit testing to ensure all controls are being performed and documented in accordance with requirements, Track and Monitor performance of the controls to ensure they are executed in a timely fashion in line within the SOX timetables.
- Work with the business and the SOX team to identify improvements in controls and ensure control deficiencies are tracked and remedied in agreed time lines
- Support on the preparation of SOX reporting and commentary for review by global management
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation on Key SOX controls
- Support the wider finance team in Ad hoc projects and tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful Internal Controls Analyst should have;
- Audit experience, preferably controls-testing focused
- Strong academics,
- Strong transactional accounting skills
- Exposure to and an effective understanding of principles of Sarbanes Oxley, preferably experience in SOX testing
- Be a strong communicator and possess an ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business, to director level, and to respect different opinions and ideas
- Strong MS Excel Skills.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive;
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day after 5 years' service for every full year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Salary of £45,000
- Private Medical Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance cover of 4 times basic salary
- Eye Care Vouchers, Flu Jabs
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Access to a discount site for things like eating out, health and leisure etc.
- You will also have access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent Staff Facilities