- Exciting project led team specialising in the Defense Sector
- Do you have SOX and USGAAP knowledge and experience?
About Our Client
Our client are highly regarded, market leading multi-national. They offer a brilliant and truly flexible work life balance, whilst providing a challenging and progressive working environment.
The key responsibilities for this Internal Controls Manager based in Bristol (with home working for 3 or 4 days pw) are:
- Using your specialist knowledge, develop a clear vision of what internal controls are needed to ensure compliance with future UK SOX requirements.
- Lead the development and implementation of improved internal controls that operate in the most efficient and effective way.
- Simplify and document key Defence Finance processes within the RR Executive System (ARIS).
- Overseeing the development of appropriate IT systems to maintain and monitor the control environment.
- Proactively highlighting the key control themes and systemic issues and reporting findings to the CFO, Defence.
- Influencing and working with employees at all levels, and particularly senior management, clearly explaining the importance of good internal controls and opportunities for improvements. The role requires continual coordination and negotiation with numerous groups within and outside the company.
- Working with Group to resolve control problems, answer questions, review processes and drive improvements.
The Successful Applicant
For this Internal Controls Manager based in Bristol (with home working for 3 or 4 days pw) you will have/be:
- Professional financial and/or audit qualification preferably qualified accountant (MBA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience implementing SOX controls and a SOX compliance programme or equivalent is required.
- Strong knowledge of internal control frameworks (such as COSO)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong verbal and numerical analytical ability
- Resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company.
What's on Offer
Competitive FTSE benefits package
Excellent project work to develop your career.