International Business Development Manager
UK based with International travel required
Export - Foodservice channel
About Our Client
Wrap Film Systems were established in 1975 and have grown to become the UK's largest converter of branded and private label film and foil, owning well-known brands such as Wrapmaster and Bacofoil.
Based in Telford, the business has grown their foodservice market share to £21 million in the UK and a further £9 million Internationally. Their UK Retail and Cash & Carry business equates to an additional £25 million.
After the recent acquisition by CoFresco in 2015, part of the Melitta Group (global revenue of €1.4 billion); they now have the exciting opportunity to further increase their global presence with the addition of an International Business Development Manager.
The role as International Business Development Manager will consist of the following roles & responsibilities;
- Aid MD with Sales, Marketing and budgets for International Sales outside of Europe
- Ensure set-up objectives are met and deliver a long term, sustainable foodservice business
- Identification, selection & prioritisation of relevant markets within the foodservice Ensure new markets go live within agreed timescales
- Development of business cases and market entry strategies to suit
- Ability to liaise with relevant, local partners internal/externally to aid business growth
- Lead International and/or cross-functional teams
- Prepare and manage P&L for entry markets
- Regular monitoring of financial results against agreed set plans and budgets
The Successful Applicant
The successful International Business Development Manager will have the following profile;
- At least 8 year's experience within a global foodservice/FMCG sales and marketing environment
- Ideally business development with merger & acquisitions experience
- Previous/current International sales experience
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Solid market research experience
- Previous experience or future will for team leadership and personnel responsibility
- Highly analytic and creative in approach
- Ability to travel extensively to International markets
- Ability to commute to the West Midlands when in the UK for internal presence
- This is a strategic role, therefore requires someone who has experienced setting up a operation abroad with limited supervision and guidance
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience with market-leading additional benefits.