- A market-leader in global shipping & freight!
- Large opportunities to progress within the current structure!
About Our Client
My client is a house-hold name within the freight forwarding industry and currently holds numerous high-profile automotive and manufacturing accounts. They are currently expanding their operation and are looking for two new starters in a varied role.
As an International Freight Controller you will work on accurately executing day to day freight forwarding operational activities across the world for a high profile account. You will cover the following tasks:
- Negotiate and organising transport movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors.
- Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions at the low rate, without compromising upon quality.
- Recording and planning both air and sea transport routes in line with SLA agreements.
- Operational processing of transport insurance claims
- Timely complete and respond to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions.
- Support the culture of continuous improvement across the air and sea network.
- Complete accurate shipment bookings and complete HAWB, MAWB and Sea Bills of Laden as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be looking for a challenge with a sector leading logistics provider. You will ideally have 2+ years in a similar freight forwarding or 3PL background and ideally be available for an immediate start.
- 3+ years experience in a freight forwarding or 3PL business.
- Knowledge of Air, Road or Sea Freight Shipping operations.
- Experience in dealing with a network of sub-contractors
- Experience of providing a transport solution in line with SLA's and within set cost-controls.
- Desirable - strong knowledge within HAWB, MAWB, Bills of Laden.
- Commutable to Leicestershire 2 days per week.
What's on Offer
- Flexible working - 3 days per week from home
- On-site gym and juice bar
- Optional 13% company bonus scheme