International Head of finance
Work for a brilliant, fast growing charity.
Report directly into the CEO, be part of the SLT and lead the finance team
About Our Client
Syria Relief are the largest Syria-focused NGO in the UK. Syria Relief are dedicated to alleviating the suffering and supporting the future of Syrians who have been affected by the crisis, mainly inside Syria but also across: Iraq, Turkey and Jordan.
It is an exciting time to joining the charity, they have very ambitious plans to continue to grow the whole organisation worldwide. Finance will play a key part in helping to deliver this growth!
This is a key position on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) responsible for supporting the Chief Executive in managing the strategic and accountability frameworks across all areas of the Open Age Operation. With a strong focus on finance, this role will also take accountability for fundraising, IT and Human Resources and administration
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of Syria Relief financial strategy.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring the financial systems of the organisation to ensure the production of accurate.
- Day to day financial reporting and financial control
- Budget setting, monitoring and reporting. Monthly management accounts
- Cash flow and forecasts
- Responsibility for the annual return and year accounts preparation and its audit
- Overseeing systems to ensure compliance to funding contracts for service and project delivery.
- Overall responsibility for all elements of preparation of staff payroll, petty cash and banking of donations and activity fees and the credit control process and ensuring these are done in an effective and timely manner.
- Negotiating competitive rates with external suppliers.
- To work with the CEO to develop, co-ordinate and monitor all costings for bids, projects and core budget
- Assisting in the costing of projects for funding applications. Reports to funder
- Support the CEO to deliver and meet banking deadlines.
- Build solid relationships with the banks.
- Line management responsibility for the Finance
The Successful Applicant
- You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or Equivalent) with strong financial management and reporting experience.
- You will be able to demonstrate considerable experience of leading and developing the finance function within a not-for-profit organisation, with a strong understanding of all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- In addition, you will be able to liaise effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels.
- You will be comfortable with 48 hour trips once a quarter to international offices.
What's on Offer
What's on offer:
- £50,000 Salary
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays+ 4 religious holidays
- You will be part of the NEST Pension scheme
- Flexible working