International Sales Manager
Do you have extensive experience within either plastics, coatings or adhesives
And a strong track record of developing International Sales?
About Our Client
Birch Chemicals is part of the Singleton Birch family of companies. For more information on Singleton Birch and our parent company history click here.
The company began life as Innovo in 2000, based in Surrey, UK. Innovo was bought by Singleton Birch in 2009, moved to the Melton Ross, North Lincolnshire site and became Birch Chemicals in 2018.
Birch Chemicals Limited specialises in the manufacture of microfine calcium oxide desiccants and calcium hydroxide curing agents. These products are used mainly in the rubber, plastics and powder coatings industries.
The raw material for the Innovox additive range is lime, which is produced on the same site by Singleton Birch before being micronized and classified. This gives a high level of quality assurance, consistency, control and traceability.
Our shared site operation with Singleton Birch reduces lead times from production to packaging, which gives higher quality end products with consistently low moisture levels.
Birch Chemicals operates an Investors in People registered training system, which focuses on worker safety and ongoing development of skills. Product quality is paramount and training helps us to achieve this. Everyone understands the importance of our products in your process.
Research and Development plays a large part in shaping the future of our product range and we continually strive to improve our existing products and introduce new innovations.
Birch Chemicals has excellent logistics connections for ease of global distribution.
The International Sales Manager will take the lead on your specific area of expertise (plastics, coatings or adhesives) in order to develop a sales strategy that allows Birch Chemicals to penetrate this market. Utilising your knowledge and experience you will be tasked with bringing market and products ideas to the team in order to define a global sales approach.
The nature of the role will require a technically astute individual that is able to work with end user clients as well as distributors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Regular global travel to long haul destinations.
- Multiple stakeholder client engagement; in-order to develop long standing relationships with multiple sites within the defied global customer base.
- Define a sales strategy that enables the business to penetrate the key target market you are responsible for i.e. Plastics, Coatings or Adhesives.
- Global travel to support key distributor partners at trade shows and exhibitions, in order to offer your technical expertise.
- Taking responsibility for sourcing and developing new applications / products of your defined sector, to achieve sales growth.
- Sourcing and vetting new distributor partners that match the capability and global objectives of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful International Sales Manager will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- A technical aptitude, with the ability to present and communicate technical information to multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the Plastic / Adhesive / Coatings industry is a requirement for the position.
- Someone with a technical degree, or equivalent work experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience of managing and dealing with international distribution partners is a must.
- Able to travel extensively internationally.
- A natural new business hunter that is able to build long term client relationships.
- Self-motivated individual that is able to work independently, but also with a close knit team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
What's on Offer
Competitive package depending upon experience.