International Tax Accountant
An opportunity to be part of a ~ $1B thriving business
A newly created role with opportunities to grow internally
About Our Client
Our client is a large Global Business and has gone from strength to strength over the past few years, posting very strong results in 2020 despite the pandemic.
- Responsible for the tax compliance process for a number of companies within the Group's International operations work to include all related analysis, research memos and support. The tax compliance is outsourced and the role entails managing their process and deliverables.
- With the Senior Tax Manager being responsible for the completion of the tax reporting matters for the quarter and annual reports for the International group and potentially other countries including the preparation and oversight of the tax expense, deferred taxes, valuation allowances and contingency reserves.
- Responsible for ensuring tax payments are accurately calculated and made on a timely manner
- Serve as subject matter expert to ensure that the tax filing positions are supported by sound research.
- Assist the wider Tax Group with identifying, researching and implementing tax savings strategies.
- Provide direction and support to outside advisors working on tax projects include M&A activity.
- Project coordination responsibilities including integration work following acquisitions made by the group
- Coordination of the international tax filings to support Country by Country Reporting and transfer pricing
- Understanding compliance guidelines with US GAAP, IFRS and SEC regulations.
- Implement, maintain and report SOX tax controls and processes over the international tax process.
- Ensure controls over Corporate Criminal Offence are maintained and where necessary enhanced
- Interact with financial accounting on a regular basis.
- Other duties as needed to fulfil tax responsibilities for the tax department
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience working in tax required
- Must possess superior organisational and documentation skills
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex tax issues
- Strong analytical skills set and solid experience with tax financial data
- Solid Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and computer knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a team oriented environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional departments
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
What's on Offer
This person will have the opportunity to develop a new best in class UK tax organisation to ensure long-term optimisation of tax strategies in collaboration with the global tax group and business units.