Work for a boutique real estate private equity company.
A 3-year training programme covering debt, equity and special situations.
About Our Client
Our client is a boutique real estate private equity company with the aim of working with Clients and Partners to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions, with whom they seek to have long-term relationships. The focus is to deliver a platform that combines a scientific, technological and data-driven approach, with best in-market human capabilities across all of their operations. They invest across all real estate asset classes in the debt, equity and special situations space with over £7Bn's worth of transactions advised on and completed in the last 15 years.
- Supporting the investment team in the analysis of potential investment opportunities - involving thorough financial analysis by means of reading and interpreting financial statements, balance sheets and cash-flows;
- Use the client's own financial models to appraise investment opportunities and when required, develop bespoke models with the support of senior team members to evaluate more complicated investment scenarios;
- Aid the team in real estate valuations by gathering transactional evidences, market research and internal tools to determine the value of properties, loans and asset backed companies;
- Draft investment papers with guidance from senior team members;
- Presenting investment opportunities to senior management and prospective capital partners;
- Support the portfolio management team in the day to day management and operations of real estate loan and asset positions;
- Develop a strong understanding of the markets in which the client operates, including terminology used;
- Detailed knowledge of products owned by the client and how they fit into the suite of investment options they offer.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in finance, banking, economics, real estate, business, mathematics or engineering;
- Minimum 1 years experience in investment banking, private equity, real estate or asset management;
- Interest in real estate, investment management and corporate finance;
- Basic understanding of real estate as an investment asset class including main valuation tools;
- Basic understanding of accounting with the ability to read cashflows, financial statements and balance sheets;
- Basic understanding of public markets and key metrics such as price to book, price to earnings, market capitalisation, discount to NAV etc.;
- Understanding of main investment metrics such as IRR, MOIC, Yield, NPV and WACC;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Power Point, Excel and Word;
- Experience with financial models and ability to create simple cashflows from scratch.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Good Benefits and Bonus Package