An opportuntiy to join one of the leading UK Student Property Investors.
Portfolio growth of over 40% since 2015, since backing by Pension Funds.
About Our Client
About Liberty Living
Liberty Living Limited is one of the UK's largest privately owned provider of purpose-built student accommodation with over 23,500 beds under management across 51 residences in the UK. Liberty Living's portfolio was valued at £2bn in August 2017.
Their accommodation is in prime locations across 19 major university towns and cities. In line with trends in student living, nearly 90% of their rooms are en-suite with shared kitchens and social areas. The remainder are studio flats or non-ensuite rooms. All of their rooms are situated in high-quality, modern residences with, on average, 400 or more bedrooms, providing them with the scale they need to manage their assets effectively and efficiently.
The aim is to create the best environment for students to thrive; well-located, well-priced, social and secure accommodation with outstanding facilities. They serve first to final year, domestic and international students and aim to provide extremely high levels of service to both students and educational institution partners.
They are a trusted partner to more than 40 educational institutions who rely on them to provide best-in-class student accommodation and facilities, so they can focus on delivering world-leading education. Their financial strength, operational track record and high quality of service are key differentiators when educational institutions are selecting accommodation partners.
Liberty Living was acquired by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in March 2015. Since then, their portfolio has grown by 41%.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Designing, producing, amending and updating complex financial models (DCF, NPV, IRR etc.) for transactions, valuations, capital investment and business planning
- Running scenario analyses on the models and producing summaries to enable decision making
- Collating and analysing data on the sector, and current and target markets to support business decisions, including monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and , recent transactions
- Screening and analysing new investment opportunities and undertaking the financial analysis and excel modelling
- Identifying portfolio management opportunities to optimise returns from existing and planned portfolio investment
- Monitoring and reporting on post-investment activities
- Preparing returns forecasts for proposed investment
Transaction Management & Due Diligence
- Development of target and potential transactions (acquisitions and disposals)
- Leading transaction due diligence & data room analysis
- Liaising with external counterparties (lawyers, advisers, accountants, etc.)
- Writing recommendation papers for Management and Board approvals
- Drafting business strategic presentations
- Collating data for and assisting in the preparation of board reports
Planning and Organising
- Effective planning and organising of time and tasks in line with needs of the business
- This comprehensive role may require additional support to the wider business as directed by your manager and/or Senior Management Team
The Successful Applicant
Education & Qualifications
- A strong undergraduate degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent) with an interest in the real estate sector
- Prior valid experience as an Analyst or Associate within real estate M&A, Big 4 accounting firm, investment banking, private equity, consulting or real estate corporate finance. Solid transactional experience
- Advanced understanding of financial modelling, with the analytical capabilities to plan, build, use and interpret models
- Highly numerate
- Strong written presentation skills
- Strong ability to problem solve, multi-task, plan and organise.
- Enthusiasm and drive with evidence of "going the extra mile" coupled with strong focus and a flexible and resilient attitude.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent team player with an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
Effective & Persuasive Communication Skills
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- A strong communicator with a direct and open style.
- Effectively collaborate with all levels of personnel from CEO down.
What's on Offer
For the right candidate there is a market leading salary with generous bonuses. Further to this, Liberty operate a benefits package which offers various flexible options.