Investment Management Accountant
Leading investment managment firm seeking qualified accountant in broad role
Work closely with major internal and external stakeholders
About Our Client
My client are a major institution with a global presence. This role sits within their in-house investment management subsidiary and would require a candidate with outstanding technical knowledge who is comfortable dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the operational and financial control, accounting and financial reporting of the asset classes
The team manages the day-to-day finance and operational activities of the portfolios and provides sound financial control and reporting.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cultivating a positive relationship with the investment teams.
- Being a key stakeholder in relationships with a number of key suppliers
- Strive for continuous improvement of process and content in all areas and support ad hoc projects.
- Responsible for booking quarterly valuations in the accounting systems
- Responsible for accounting for transactions in the portfolios, including instructing the Fund's accounting service and system provider
- Responsible for the medium-term cash forecast and for agreeing fund performance with performance services arm.
- Responsible for tax related matters with regards the portfolio including ensuring the fund's compliance with PE tax filing requirements, Property VAT submissions and related tax audits
- Manage cash payments and receipts
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), ideally with experience working in the investment management industry, preferably with experience of alternative assets.
Previous experience of managing stakeholder relationships.
Management of ad-hoc projects - skilled practitioner in managing new activities and solving complex problems.
What's on Offer
Excellent career prospects in a dynamic culture
Exposure to key senior stakeholders within investment management
Strong bonus culture