Investment Programme Manager
Have the opportunity to manage in excess of £7m programme & project budgets
Ensure that programme aims and objectives are achieved and reflect business aims
About Our Client
The client are a fast changing local authority based in Hertfordshire
The key responsibilities working as the Investment Programme Manager are as follows:
- Leading on the management and delivery of a multi-million pound capital/planned investment programme for the council's property portfolio, to meet the aims and objectives of the Asset Management Strategy and act as the responsible person for maintaining, improvement and conversion of councils building assets.
- Lead on developing, writing and consistently reviewing strategies, procedures and processes in relation to key service areas such as, major/planned works, aids and adaptations, damp and mould. Interpreting legislation and best practice to ensure these are reflected in policies and working practices.
- To lead on procurement for all aspects of a programme covering a number of service areas including, works, consultancy and legal services. Through programme governance manage contracts and effectively negotiate any changes to contract terms and deliverable.
- Work collaboratively within and outside the council; to deliver effective planned works and support the delivery of broader Future Town Future council objectives
- To manage, monitor and report of all aspects of a multi discipline range of projects within a programme including budget in excess of £7 million and performance. Analyse complex performance information, identifying trends and implementing changes to address any areas of weakness
- Report and present on programme performance/progress to a range of audiences including members and senior managers in the most suitable way using a variety of techniques. Present and report to tenant and leaseholders complex potentially contentious information relating to improvement works including financial implications.
- To ensure effective mobilisation and delivery of contracts to achieve the identified corporate objectives, e.g. decent homes standard is achieved, legacy commitments delivered, on programme and budget.
- Have responsibility for health & safety/compliance for the programme including construction design management, risk management, statutory compliance and all aspects associated with a large scale construction programme. Implement new or changed legislation to ensure all works carried out are fully compliant.
- Ensure services are delivered in a manner which is responsive to customer needs, putting in place mechanisms for gathering and acting upon customer feedback and insight.
- Actively support service transformation, ensuring digital opportunities and solutions are explored and implemented wherever possible.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement across the Council, ensuring effective performance monitoring and management arrangements are in place and providing timely intervention as necessary to sustain high standards of performance.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial security across the Council, including proactively identifying innovative/commercial opportunities that benefit the organisation, partners and/or customers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Investment Programme Manager will require the following skills and experience:
- Excellent programme/project management skills and commercial awareness
Professional qualification e.g. CIOB, RICS or equivalent, educated to degree level in a related subject or can demonstrate equivalent relevant experience
Excellent organisational skills to deal with a diverse workload with tight deadlines and to oversee the workload of the team.
Commercial acumen, with the ability to identify income streams and cost savings
A strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of the relevant EU procurement legislation
Proven experience of team management where targets are exceeded and effective, efficient services delivered.
Experience of procuring, managing and delivering projects, with a value in excess of £5m, including devolved budgets.
Experience in communicating at all levels using a variety of methods - written, verbal and presentation
- Development of strategies, policies and procedures in a local government context
Ability and willingness to travel to other locations as required for the role
Embraces and understands the need to respond to both internal and external challenges
What's on Offer
The successful Investment Programme Manager will be able to start immediately, receive a competitive day rate and get stuck into a minimum of a 3 month contract opportunity