IP Senior Associate - international firm
Working in the Birmingham office of an international law firm
Largely a contentious role and very client facing
About Our Client
The Birmingham office of an international law firm, who work closely with counterparts in London and overseas offices.
Are you currently an Intellectual Property Solicitor with at least 5 years' PQE who is considering their options? Perhaps you currently work within the London market and are looking to get out but are unsure if regional firms can offer you the same quality clients and work?
We're working with an international law firm based in Birmingham who are looking to make a strategic hire into their IP team. The fee earners in the team deal with a mixed bag of contentious and non-contentious matters. However, this hire is specifically around the contentious IP side of things.
The team acts for national and international clients out of Birmingham. They are not just doing local work; this is big ticket work often for London clients who are looking for their litigation to be conducted in a more cost effective way. As a result, the quality of work is excellent.
This is an opportunity for somebody to come in and help with the growth of the team. The work and client base is already there but they see this as also a great chance for somebody to be heavily involved in pitching for new work with other colleagues, thus helping them climb the ladder in the process.
What they can offer is:
- working alongside an existing team with impressive clients and a mix of work
- truly diverse work across all elements of IP - the team don't want to constrain their fee earners so you are encouraged to get involved with all aspects from trademarks to patents to copyright
- the chance to progress and make a name for yourself at an international firm - they are happy to discuss the career path with you
- working in a team with a grown up and agile approach to working - there are plenty of examples of people who work in this way and it is actively encouraged
- a client facing role with opportunities to business develop and lead with pitches where appropriate
- being part of a sector focused team who are very good at spotting trends and new opportunities in an ever changing world of technology
The Successful Applicant
It's likely that you'll have at least 5 years' experience in intellectual property with a leaning towards contentious work.
The team are happy to hear from solicitors in the local market as well as anybody from further afield who is either looking to move to Birmingham or just wants to do something different and perhaps kick on with their career which might not feel achieveable in the London market.
An interest and aptitude for business development is key.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, agile working and a clear career path at an international firm.