IT Auditor - Multinational Telecoms Company
Chance to work in a thriving industry
Strong work life balance
About Our Client
Our client strives to transform the way the world works through the power of connectivity. Their etwork connects 900+ data centres across Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs, with over 29,000 on net buildings and growing.
- Deliver and/or lead audit assignments across Colt locations in a timely and efficient manner, Deliver and/or lead audit assignments across Colt locations in a timely and efficient manner, participating in all stages of the audit from planning, execution, reporting and follow-up.
- Fully understand and communicate the impact of audit findings (including root causes and risks) to relevant key stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to the business to improve controls and procedures through providing practical risk management, internal controls and process improvement solutions. Contribute to the delivery of value adding audit reports.
- Engage stakeholders to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business under review and the implications for audit.
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders throughout the audit process.
- Maintain audit documentation in accordance with Colt audit methodology.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Delivery of audit assignments to the required quality, time and budget.
- Engagement of auditees throughout the audit lifecycle, when interviewing, performing fieldwork and discussing audit observations.
The Successful Applicant
Background - Experienced technology internal auditor or senior internal auditor (minimum 3 years' experience) who has worked in fast moving environments with developing risk/control frameworks. Candidates with an external audit background will need to demonstrate good experience of controls on risk and assurance assignments. Ability to operate in a flat organisational structure with direct exposure to Executives. Experience in technology services and telecommunications is preferable, but not essential.
Technology Experience - Strong experience and knowledge of audit techniques and key technology, including infrastructure (networks, databases and operating systems), cyber security, ITIL practices, data analytics, applications (on premise and cloud solutions) and emerging technologies (robotics and machine learning). Demonstrates a proven track record in executing technology reviews, advising and influencing stakeholders on the design, implementation and effective application of IT controls.
Communication and Influencing Skills - The proficiency to work and communicate at an operational level, with an awareness, instinct and ability to press for detail, understand issues at an appropriate level of depth, and identify root causes. Strong communication skills and competence to influence outcomes.
Problem Solving Skills - The ability to analyse data and identify trends, think critically and solve problems using a high degree of intellectual curiosity and good judgement.
Teamwork - The ability and willingness to develop skills and provide support to the audit team. Work effectively with the team members and the business to build partnerships. Ability to work self sufficiently
What's on Offer
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring