IT Controls & Risk Manager - 1LoD - IT Service ITIL
Opportunity to join a 2 year transformation programme
One of the worlds largest financial services organisations
About Our Client
One of the world's largest insurance and investment management organisations, with worldwide assets under management of £1 trillion.
The IT Service Controls & Risk Manager is responsible for Risk Management and Internal Control processes that support the activities of Group IT Services.
Working with Group IT Governance Manager, this role is accountable for ensuring that all processes, frameworks and activities around risk and compliance are being carried out by Group IT Services.
This role will be proactive in the management and operation of the Group IT Risk and Control frameworks, carrying out all the necessary activities to ensure that Group IT Services is managing operational risk in the appropriate way.
Responsible for managing the delivery across Group IT of the corporate risk and control framework, ensuring all suppliers and stakeholder groups are aware of their responsibilities and discharge them accordingly
- Accountable for Risk management within Group IT function, being responsible for ensuring that all risk owners are held to account in terms of mitigating or resolving risks in the appropriate timeframes
- Plans and manages the implementation of organisation-wide processes and procedures, tools and techniques for the identification, assessment, and management of risk inherent in the operation of business processes and of potential risks arising from planned change
- Responsible for contributing to capacity, availability, problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team, and undertaking Continual Service Improvements as a day to day activity.
- Actively identify risks, ensure they are appropriately logged and tracked at the appropriate forums, and take appropriate action to mitigate or resolve.
- Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers' expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G's Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Continually work to build effective, positive working relationships with both our Third Party Service providers and the wider IT communities, to enable us to deliver a fantastic customer service and be viewed as a single, valued IT partner.
- To manage the team in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team's business objectives are achieved consistently.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent knowledge of Risk and Control frameworks in IT environments
- IT Service, including in-depth understanding of associated technologies and architectures.
- Good knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL Managers Certificate preferred).
- Key experience of IT Service Management (ideally in an enterprise environment)
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- Strong senior level stakeholder engagement stakeholder (internally and third-parties)
- Proactive and forward-thinking
- Experience of working in highly regulated environments, ideally within UK Financial Services would be highly desirable.
- Hold relevant security/risk qualifications (CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, ISO)
- Looking to work in a greenfield IT for IT estate, where digital and user experience is at the centre of the business strategy
What's on Offer
Permanent role, Hove based
Paying from £55,000 - 65,000 base salary + Excellent Bonus + Competitive Benefits