Growing IT team working with the latest technologies
Long term career prospects
About Our Client
A prestigious sporting governing body based in St Andrew's are looking to expand their IT team by recruiting a skilled Infrastructure Engineer into their team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and will provide expertise and innovation in the management and support of the IT infrastructure across several sites.
The role will involve supporting the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as project based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment.
- Administer and maintain corporate IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls and Office 365 / Azure infrastructure;
- Delivering first, second & third line support and infrastructure projects;
- Recommending and delivering improved IT infrastructure systems;
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues;
- Plan and recommend enhancements to ensure that IT capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner;
- Managing IT projects to meet pre-defined objectives;
- Administer the VMware vSphere 6.0+ Infrastructure and SAN;
- Administer the Mitel VOIP telephone system;
- Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes;
- Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers;
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date;
- Research, recommend, plan and implement infrastructure system projects.
The Successful Applicant
A solid background working within a busy IT team is essential, as is experience in designing and implementing technical solutions, supporting of servers, desktops, and operating systems. The successful candidate must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving as well as working with different stakeholders and delivering an excellent service to end users.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server - 2008 -2019
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Exchange in a Hybrid deployment
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 administration
- Strong understanding of implementation and management of the range of Cisco Meraki networking products
- Excellent knowledge of vSphere
- Focus on delivering an excellent service to end users and ability to engage with a number of different stakeholders
- Good knowledge of backup systems.
What's on Offer
You will be joining a world class institution with a global reputation that is passionate about technology and best practise. As well as an attractive package, there is scope for training and development.