IT Finance Business Partner
Opportunity for an experienced Qualified Accountant to advance in their career
Join a succesful team within a growing Asset Management Company
About Our Client
The successful candidate will be joining a global asset manager with integrated expertise across all major asset classes, including equities, fixed income, investment solutions, multi-asset, and property investments.
The key responsibilities for this IT Finance Business Partner will be:
- Maintaining finance systems (Revport, Oracle Fusion, and Markit EDM).
- Diagnosing issues and implementing improvements and solutions to finance challenges.
- Partnering the Business to analyse new requirements and set expectations around possible changes and delivery time lines.
- Driving clarity and simplification of the operating model and processes for finance work. This will involve understanding how the systems can help to simplify processes and centralise operations.
- Addressing the data challenges using commercial thinking about the financial insights we need to be focused on as a business, how we gain this via data and systems.
- Working with the Operations and Group teams to ensure Finance remains aligned to AI and Group Finance Strategies.
- Working with the suppliers of the Finance systems, to ensure maintenance is appropriate and properly maintained. Also to diagnose issues as appropriate.
- Monitoring BAU activities around the system.
- Support the wider Finance production team in the delivery of actual monthly revenues, including the monthly accruals and billing.
- Coordinate inputs to finance systems (revenue system, general ledger and accounting hub) between the various Finance teams involved and ensure static data (such as fee rates) are kept up to date.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this City based IT Finance Business Partner will have a/ be:
- Thorough understanding of AI operating model and its financial performance framework, as well as its Strategy, Products and Plans.
- Technical expertise in process re-engineering, data and systems as well as strong stakeholder management skills, and ability to convert strategy into quality execution rapidly.
- Sound understanding of financial processes, systems, practices and applications.
- Tenacious - shows a strong desire to follow issues through to resolution.
- Microsoft Office skills including strong Excel experience.
- Experience in either Financial or Management accounting desirable
- Previous experience within the asset management or financial services industries is preferable
- Experience in initiating process improvements, overcoming obstacles and using analytical skills
- Knowledge of Revport Revenue Management and Fee Billing Calculation System desirable.
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant or equivalent (preferred but not required)
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this City of London based IT Finance Business Partner role will have the opportunity to develop their skills and be a part of a highly successful team and global asset manager as well as receiving a competitive salary.