IT Infrastructure Engineer
Windows Servers, Cloud Migration, VMware, O365, Azure, AWS, Networking
Working for a formidable and large real estate company in the heart of Reading
About Our Client
The client is a well-established and formidable company who work in the real estate marketplace. They are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their relatively small team to help them perform projects related to cloud migration and general BAU within the work place.
The chosen candidate will be a hands-on experienced infrastructure engineer with good cloud computing experience.
- Assist with the cloud migration
- Lead and assist with projects, development and upgrade of IT services to meet business requirements
- Assist with O365 rollout and adoption
- Assist in the development of the overall cloud solutions
- Develop, document, make recommendations and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide cloud consulting expertise, direction and assistance to the wider IT team and Business.
- Producing impact assessments & recommendations.
- Ensuring architectural governance over solution delivery
- Work closely with Cyber security manager
- Engaging IT & Business representatives to enable architectural change.
- Contributing to the development of standards and strategy for architecture.
- Consulting with other members of architecture team.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques
- Migration from our SunGard data centres to cloud services (IAAS, PASS, SAAS services)
- Migration of business-critical applications to a cloud service.
- Delivery of cloud solutions such as O365
- Resolve any 3rd line incidents in a timely manner
- Mentor and train the support team in the best and most efficient methods to isolate and address service issues.
- Work with wider IT team to agree reporting and budget requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Candidate:
- An understanding of Cloud integration with Azure and or AWS across IaaS/PaaS/SaaS blueprints and policies
- Knowledge of Azure Compute, Storage and Networking
- Have a broad cross-functional infrastructure experience including Microsoft products, Linux Networks, VMWare, security and SQL.
- Ability to work effectively with business and IT stakeholders, both internal and partners.
- Good knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience of technical environments - Data centre hosting (Private Cloud), virtualisation (server and desktop), networking, authentication, security and desktop
- Experience of systems integration, systems development and service operation environments.
- Experience of Microsoft IAAS / PAAS / SAAS Services.
- A good understanding of Azure AD and Office 365 solutions
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Flexible and the ability to work out of hours
- AZURE and or AWS certification is desirable.
What's on Offer
An offer of up to £60,000 plus benefits is available for this role.