- IT Infrastructure Engineer - £55,000 per annum - Manchester
- Join to work on a large scale IT Infrastructure modernisation from on prem-azure
About Our Client
Michael Page Technology have partnered with a leading professional services business based in Manchester to support them with the recruitment of an IT Infrastructure Engineer, to support them on their journey from on-prem to azure.
What you'll be doing:
As IT Infrastructure Engineer, working as part of the Infrastructure & Operations team, you will develop, support and maintain the companies core IT infrastructure solutions. Supporting the Head of Infrastructure & Operations in the assessment, selection & adoption of IT Infrastructure solutions & services in line with Infrastructure strategy, moving from on-prem to cloud first.
- As part of the Infrastructure & Operations team, working on the maintenance and support of the IT Infrastructure & services required to support BAU operations.
- Maintain the safe and effective operation of the Infrastructure services and estate.
- Selection, adoption and integration of new IT Infrastructure elements, assessing current Infrastructure solutions for security and suitability and researching potential upgrades.
- Assessing existing Infrastructure elements to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Monitoring the security of existing infrastructure solutions.
- Predicting and overseeing infrastructure or hardware upgrades based on business needs.
- Technical direction of new IT infrastructure solutions and services.
- Delivery of the Infrastructure components required as necessary as part of IT Projects and Business Programmes.
- Working alongside the rest of the Infrastructure & Operations team as necessary on cross-functional processes across the team - e.g. Demand Management, Technical Advice and Support, 3rd line Infrastructure Support, Project tasks.
- Working with 3rd party infrastructure suppliers & partners as necessary in the delivery and maintenance of Infrastructure services & solutions.
The Successful Applicant
Key skills & experience:
- Experience of working within a structured in-house IT environment with matrix management.
- Experience of working as part of an ITIL-oriented internal IT team, delivering IT infrastructure service and projects.
- Experienced with Powershell scripting, automation and command-line, managing Windows at scale.
- Experience of managing and maintaining Microsoft 365 Cloud Services, including AzureAD, Office 365, Exchange Online and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Experience of managing and maintaining EUC environments, including Windows 10, Citrix CVAD, and application delivery concepts and technologies
- Experienced MS Windows engineer with strong knowledge of Windows Server and Client
- Strong enterprise networking knowledge - security, switching, LAN/WAN.
- Experience with the following technologies would be desirable:
Microsoft Azure technologies
VMware vSphere ecosystem
Linux operating systems
Microsoft Defender suite
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum