- You'll join an industry-leading E-Commerce business in a critical IT role.
- Windows Server | VMWare | Cisco Switches | Active Directory | Azure | Office365
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to be partnered exclusively with this leading e-commerce business, who are going from strength-to-strength as they evolve into a true market leader.
- The business has an internal userbase of approx. 500 with a growing in-house IT function, the majority of which is centralised at the Dudley HQ.
- You will join a culture that is highly-flexible and gives you the opportunity to manage your own day, whilst building a genuine career internally through to more technical or management-focused roles.
- As the IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will cover a wide array of technical responsibilities as part of the infrastructure team, spanning server, networking and EUC technologies.
- You will be responsible for both on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, largely with a Microsoft focus, including Windows Server and Azure, in addition to VMWare virtualisation.
- Your responsibilities will be data-centre focused, and cover areas across Disaster Recovery, Backups and Storage, ensuring availability and viability, whilst contributing to relevant design improvements of the infrastructure estate.
- In addition, you will operate within a Cisco networking environment, touching on areas such as VLAN setups and switch configurations.
- As part of ongoing project work, you will maintain updated documentation, owning areas such as technical landscapes and change documentation, whilst also having significant input alongside the wider team in selection and procurement of best-in-class IT hardware and software.
- Whilst there will be significant project exposure within the role, you will also take ownership of escalated BAU issues at a 3rd Line level, ensuring an outstanding level of IT Service is delivered to users.
- The business has a head office near the Dudley area, and whilst some elements of flexible working will be offered, the ideal candidate will be based locally in order to work with the team where necessary, and be available for rare issues such as P1 Incident Management.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for the IT Infrastructure Engineer position, you will be highly experienced in the following at a 3rd Line level:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- VMWare and/or Hyper V
- Cisco Switch Management
- Backups & Storage
What's on Offer
Starting Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 + Extensive Corporate Benefits.