- IT Infrastructure Engineer - £45,000 - North Yorkshire
- Providing third line support and project delivery to customers
About Our Client
Michael Page is delighted to be partnered with a successful Technology business based in North Yorkshire.
What you'll be doing?
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will operate within the UK based Group IT team, responsible for providing third line support and project delivery to internal and external customers. Maintaining and developing IT services that underpin corporate and customer hosted solutions.
- Implement changes to, manage and support the IT infrastructure: compute, storage, networking, firewalls, telephony, physical, virtual & cloud infrastructure, software & SaaS services
- Support BAU & IT project delivery
- Support the on-boarding of customers onto the service platforms
- Contribute to / create installation instructions and deployment strategies, including test and validation plans
- Liaise with development teams, other territories and 3rd parties supporting the IT infrastructure
- Deliver projects to and within defined processes, best practices and frameworks, including quality system procedures, and participate in continuous improvement activity, to drive process improvement, elimination of waste, time savings and cost reductions.
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security, and groups.
- Maintain IT asset & CMDB records tracking hardware & software licences and compliance.
- Maintain systems at recommended anti-virus and security patch levels.
- Perform regular system backups and maintain backup infrastructure
- Assure compliance with Information Governance such as PCI DSS, ISO 20000, ISO 27001 and emerging standards
- Daily checks and monitoring to ensure system integrity
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills & Experience:
- Server hardware (ideally HP / Dell)
- Windows Server operating systems (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2019)
- Active Directory support and management including Group Policy
- DFS, ADFS, DHCP, DNS, IIS
- SAN Storage (ideally HP, Dell) configuration and support
- Virtualisation technologies including VMware vSphere & Hyper-V & Microsoft Azure installation and support
- Backup technologies (ideally Veeam)
- TCP/IP networking. LAN / WAN technologies inc wireless
- Experience using Enterprise software deployment e.g SCCM, SOTI, Desktop Central
- Cloud Technologies; Office 365, Microsoft Teams
- Security patching WSUS
- Enterprise Anti-Virus deployments
- Remote Desktop Services installation and support
What's on Offer
Salary: £42,000 - £45,000