- Responsible for running the IT Infrastructure environment.
- Dealing with escalated end user issues and queries through to resolution.
About Our Client
Global Fund Manager within the Financial Services space.
- Ensure all patching and vulnerability management is kept up-to-date and emergency patches are added ASAP
- Provide reporting on vulnerability management to the global IT team on a weekly basis
- Plan and run upgrades as necessary on the existing IT infrastructure ensuring that the systems do not become end-of-life.
- Provide BAU operations support and infrastructure project capability for all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure including but not limited to the desktop, server, network and telephony infrastructure
- Ensure IT incidents are dealt with and logged in the defined service desk tool, track through to resolution and where possible implement steps to prevent re-occurrence
- Conduct appropriate levels of troubleshooting and ensure that high priority incidents or incidents that require more detailed technical knowledge are resolved and escalated to senior IT members
- Act as an escalation point for other members of the team and the wider IT department
- Send timely communications to the impacted business users when a service impacting incident occurs or scheduled maintenance is planned
- Liaise with external vendors for issues relating to IT infrastructure or external vendors providing cloud solutions that deliver solutions relating to the core IT operating environment eg: AWS, Microsoft or Azure
- Maintain and perform documented standard operating procedures relating to things like patching, backups, monitoring,capacity management that keep the IT infrastructure up to date
- Ensure all changes are logged in the defined change control system and obtain the information before proceeding with the change
The Successful Applicant
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft stack and key technologies associated with it. Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge on the fundamentals of networking including TCP/IP and routing
- Networking technologies including Cisco router/switch management and troubleshooting
- MS exchange, SQL, Endpoint configuration manager and Citrix XenApp
- Exposure to cloud providers such as AWS, MS Azure and O365
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Storage technologies such as SAN, DAS and RAID
- Strong knowledge on IT fundamentals
- Positive can do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable.
What's on Offer
- Salary: £37K - £47,500 basic
- Up to 20% discretionary bonus
- 10% Pension scheme
- Private health-care
- on call - shift pattern Monday to Monday 6pm - 8am