Shape the IT function
Design and deploy the future IT operating structure
About Our Client
A leading B2C manufacturing business is seeking an IT Manager in Welwyn Garden City.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the IT department, creating a culture of continuous improvement and managing a programme of change across all systems and processes.
- Act as a change leader and role model in driving the cultural and process changes needed to support the business plan.
- To provide Project Management and leadership on IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services across the whole business, ensuring that they are implemented on time and within budget.
- Support for managers across the business where IT plays an enabling role to achieve their goals.
- To have functional responsibility in monitoring performance of information technology systems and support services to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Help define IT strategic infrastructure, architecture, and processes for improved customer experience.
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- To develop and enhance the business critical operational and MIS systems used across all functions to improve the efficiency of internal operations as well as enhance the external customer journey.
- To assess the effectiveness of IT infrastructure and applications, and to make recommendations for changes or improvements where appropriate.
- To manage the systems development process, working with Board and Senior Management Team members to ensure developments are prioritised in line with overarching business goals.
- To identify the requirement for, negotiate Service Level Agreements with, and subsequently establish and manage relationships with suppliers of third-party solutions.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of managing IT Teams, including Service Desk Support, Developers etc.
- A track record of success in leading the development of IT services through a significant programme of change
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to interpret business needs and express them as a logical IT requirement
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Solid experience of computer systems (hardware/software)
- Excellent people management skills
- Proven record of delivering under pressure and to tight timescales
- Manufacturing experience would be beneficial
What's on Offer
A chance for the IT Manager in Welwyn Garden City to shape the future IT state of this business.