IT Manager/Head of IT
IT Manager/Head of IT - £40,000/£55,000 per annum - Manchester
Take responsibility for overall IT, leading on tech, strategy and direction.
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to have partnered exclusively with an emerging e-commerce business that has seen significant growth since its inception. They are now continuing to further invest into the business, with technology a key part of those plans.
What you'll be doing:
You'll join a fast growing e-commerce business and play a key role in building up IT whilst supporting senior stakeholders. You will be the sole member of IT and be responsible for developing a clear vision for how IT will support the strategic direction of the business (systems, applications and infrastructure). This will include efficient translation of business needs, providing solutions for current and future ways of working to make processes more efficient and future proof.
- Deliver an IT strategy and roadmap in alignment with the business plan.
- Create a short, medium and long term plan as to what the future of IT within the business will look like.
- Full accountability for IT services and management of the Infrastructure & Network Support Technician/s.
- Managing stakeholders and developing a partnership between IT and the business, by developing relationships, managing expectations and facilitating two-way communication.
- Maintaining the demand process for new proposals / equipment with overall responsibility for steering these proposals through the phases of approval, resource management and delivery.
- Assess and approve IT spend (up to a defined level) within budget and consistent with the needs of the business
- Ensure network and infrastructure security and business continuity processes are robustly maintained.
- Address business demand by ensuring technology requirements are captured and impact analysis is provided to business.
- Play a hands on technical support role when required, responsibilities may vary from on-boarding new staff (emails, hardware) to managing 3rd party relationship and negotiating new contracts.
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills & Experience:
- Solid IT general management skills (organisational, operational and financial management).
- Coordinate IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users.
- Experience providing hardware support to end users, resolving technical issues.
- Working knowledge of current IT trends and be able to provide technical hands on support.
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems.
- Experience working with key stakeholders to understand business drivers and relate them to IT capability
- Experience of managing third party providers to ensure they are strategic and value adding partners
- An excellent communicator, capable of engaging others in the IT vision and support teams to engage in technology developments
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.