- Reputable Public Sector Client
- A great opportunity to enhance your skill set
About Our Client
A reputable public sector organisation.
- To maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of an IT infrastructure and best practices.
- The post holder will support the day to day technical and user requirements of the organisation whilst also being responsible for maintenance and best practise of the greater network at large.
- To work closely with the IT Manager on a variety of projects across the organisation.
- Work as part of the IT team to deliver a high level of service to staff, the public and members.
- Work as part of a project team to deliver a wide range of new technologies and functionality.
- Ensure that project/system and process documentation is completed and updated where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- 2nd line and 3rd line Support Experience
- Networking specific or higher support background within an organisation or business.
- Knowledge of helpdesk and ticketing systems.
- Strong knowledge of networking and infrastructure.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of Citrix.
- Experience with network monitoring and identifying issues both pro and retroactively.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware both in peripherals and inner system components.
- Win 7/10) Experience
- Strong knowledge of servers and server OS. (2012r2, 2016, 2019)
- active directory, domain support and implementation experience.
- VMware / Virtualization experience perhaps also some Hyper-V.
- knowledge of the Microsoft office suite and O365 products.
- knowledge of IP telecoms and phone systems.
- knowledge of Cisco networking including switches and firewalls.
- knowledge of security-based products such as Watchguard or SOPHOS
- Good communication skills
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads to meet targets and deadlines
- Experience working in Public Sector employer
- knowledge of IT security best practise.
- Knowledge of Linux/Mac OS and other OS variants.
- Knowledge of mobile phones and other portable devices such as tablets.
What's on Offer
- A chance to work on a exciting project
- Work for a reputable company
- A long term contract
- A Competitive Day Rate