IT Operations Analyst / Server Support / Liverpool
£28,000 - £31,000
Work for a great organisation that changes lives.
Get expeosure to the latest technologies.
About Our Client
Housing association based in Liverpool.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for undertaking agreed technology operations, including but not limited to automated housekeeping routines, overnight scheduling and batch job management, alerting/monitoring, event management, routine operating system and middleware administration and standard, agreed pro-active daily systems checks.
- Respond to monitoring feedback and manage alerts to minimise disruption to services, working to agreed rotas covering 24x7x365, meeting agreed Operations Level Agreements (OLAs) and SLAs as appropriate.
- Manage and publish the daily results of agreed pro-active system checks ('readiness to trade' checks), and ensure timely resolution of any related issues identified.
- Contribute to monthly and annual KPI reporting, as requested by manager.
- Process routine batches to pre-defined schedules and develop, test and implement new batch routines as requested by manager.
- Undertake agreed proactive service checks and also contribute to any reactive remedial actions, including out of hours.
- Participate as required in the restoration of service during incidents (including major incidents) and in root cause analysis as part of the Problem Management process, and contribute to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans as appropriate.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of IT operational processes and procedures.
- Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service.
- Ensure that all information security requirements, including data protection, are met in accordance with the Group's policy, procedures and statutory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of IT operations management in a similar sized IT function.
- Various Operating System and Microsoft Active Directory administration and configuration tasks and batch job development, scheduling and monitoring.
- Customer focused.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Results driven with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative as well as being an excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits on offer.