IT Operations Centre Manager - (Incident, Problem Management)
Opportunity to join a 2 year transformation programme
One of the worlds largest financial services organisations
About Our Client
One of the world's largest insurance and investment management organisations, with worldwide assets under management of £1 trillion.
- As the IT Operations Lead, you will manage a team of 5 (consisting of Incident Management and Service Improvement) which will likely expand further, as Group IT Services synergises.
- Manages the relationship with Service Desk and Operations Centre suppliers, collaborating with the L&G Technical and Customer Experience teams to ensure the provision of high-quality services to our customers. This role works closely with the Change Team and will act as the arbitrator for any concerns regarding Change and service protection. On call within a team on a rotating basis to provide 24x7 escalation support and major incident management.
- This role is accountable for ensuring that there are daily service meetings attended by the Business Service Managers, Major Incident Management and service towers to review recent Incidents, updates on actions and service protection activities required in the short term. This role will engage with the Customer Experience function to progress and track any Business required actions to protect and or stabilise service/s. This role will assist the Major Incident Management team with the escalation into the Tier-1 vendors for required assistance support where required. Responsible for the Production Environment only, with Pre-Production managed separately.
- This role will be accountable for liaising with and relationship building with the vendors delivering the day to day service to ensure that all cooperate with each other.
- Responsible for contributing to capacity, availability, problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team, and undertaking Continual Service Improvements as a day to day activity.
- Actively identify risks, ensure they are appropriately logged and tracked at the appropriate forums, and take appropriate action to mitigate or resolve.
- Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers' expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G's Customer Experience.
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures the including Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
The Successful Applicant
- IT Infrastructure, including in-depth understanding of associated technologies and architectures.
- Good knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL Managers Certificate preferred).
- Key experience of IT Service Management in an outsourced environment.
- Previous management / lead role of IT Operations / Service Management / IT strategy, leading a team of direct reports, in a complex enterprise environment.
- Experience of acting as an escalation and resolution point for major service related matters
- How to manage post transition of applications and services from programmes and projects into a live service estate are manage
- Experience of working in highly regulated environments, ideally within UK Financial Services would be highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of ServiceNow and driving continuous improvement
- Experience of working in a SIAM (Service Integration and Management) model
- Strong senior level stakeholder engagement stakeholder (internally and third-parties)
- Proactive and forward-thinking, while driving continuous improvement
- Looking to work in a greenfield IT for IT estate, where digital and user experience is at the centre of the business strategy
What's on Offer
Permanent role, Hove based
Paying from £60,000 + 80,000 base salary + Excellent Bonus + Car Allowance (12% Cash) + Competitive Benefits