- Great opportunity for a IT Project Manager
- Hybrid working, home based with occasional office attendance
About Our Client
The Housing Ombudsman Service provides independent, impartial and fair dispute resolution services for nearly 5 million households in England. Through resolving disputes effectively and promoting positive change across the social housing sector, we improve resident's lives and landlord's services.
- Undertake strategic analysis for IT projects including researching and evaluating IT solutions that meet the needs of the organisation.
- Create, maintain, and report on project delivery plans, key performance indicators, financial performance against budgets, and resource plans.
- Maintain a risk register for the IT project team ensuring that appropriate mitigation's are identified and that any residual risks are brought to the attention of Director of Finance & Corporate Services.
- Develop metrics and methods for measuring results, including benefits realisation of Value for Money outcomes.
- Produce project documentation for Executive approval.
- Organise and manage all phases of projects to ensure on-time completion.
- Produce SMART objectives for the IT Support Officer, conduct appraisals in accordance with HoS policy, and ensure an effective development plan is in place to deliver objectives.
- Point of contact for HoS business users to explore IT options and solutions that support functional delivery objectives.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to deliver projects making best use of outsourced expertise and support.
- Work closely with the finance and commercial function to prepare requests for proposals and participate at all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products.
- Prepare and disseminate project communications to stakeholders and the Senior Leadership Team.
The Successful Applicant
- IT qualification demonstrating advanced knowledge of digital and data.
- Recognised Project Management qualification.
- Monitoring and performance managing delivery of IT projects and budgets.
- Experience with different methodologies (Waterfall or Agile)
- Experienced user of Microsoft Azure and associated software.
- Capable of persuading and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise conflicting demands and plan work effectively to meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to analyse and present complex material in a straightforward manner for a non-technical audience.
- Collaborative individual with strong team working.
- Applied thinking, decision making and problem solving.
- Line Management Experience.
- Evidence of building and maintaining excellent working relations with a variety of stakeholders including external IT suppliers.
- Experience of case work, management systems software. (Adobe, softphone software)
- Experience of volumetric modelling.
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion.
What's on Offer
- Salary up to £54,833
- Annual leave - Minimum 25 days annual leave plus statutory Public Holidays on joining the organisation, rising with long service.
- Annual health check - Access to a free annual health check.
- Career average pension scheme - Opportunity to join the Local Government pension scheme on a final salary.
- Flexible working - Flexi-time scheme which provides for employees to balance work commitments and personal needs.
- Maternity/Paternity and Adoption leave - Good leave benefits for those employees starting a family.
- Personal development allowance - Supporting staff to develop their skills through personal development planning and training opportunities.
- Season ticket travel loan - Interest free public transport season ticket loan.