IT Project Manager
Shaping a major Technology transformation programme
Leading financial services institution
About Our Client
A leading financial services institution in Brighton.
- Work closely with the Service Towers, the relevant business unit and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their project/programme with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour
- Lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management
Have responsibility for effective handover of the project/programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation
Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at project/programme level, as set and communicated by the Finance Team
- Responsible for contributing to capacity, availability, problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team, and undertaking Continual Service Improvements as a day to day activity.
- Actively identify risks, ensure they are appropriately logged and tracked at the appropriate forums, and take appropriate action to mitigate or resolve.
- Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers' expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G's Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Continually work to build effective, positive working relationships with both our Third Party Service providers and the wider IT communities, to enable us to deliver a fantastic customer service and be viewed as a single, valued IT partner.
The Successful Applicant
Proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.PRINCE 2 Practitioner accreditation preferable Minimum ITIL Foundation Certificate
Strong demonstrable project and programme management experience which include communications capabilities, decision making and problem-solving skills, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills Proven financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data
Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
Excellent relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity for an IT Project Manager with a world class Financial Services firm in Brighton.