IT Security Lead
IT Security Lead - Technically hands on candidate required
IT Security Lead - MCP/MCSE/CCNA,(ISC)2, CISSP or ISACA CISM.
About Our Client
My client is a large public sector organisation in Bristol, they are continuing to grow their IT function and more specifically their IT Security offering.
My clients' IT Services Team are moving their digital agenda forward with a number of key projects including a network upgrade, migration to the Office 365 platform and rollout of Azure desktops.
These are large scale, business critical transformations and it is key that they are implemented and maintained in a Cyber Secure and Resilient manner alongside existing infrastructure.
You will provide specialist advice on Security acting as the Subject Matter expert (SME) and support to members of the infrastructure team and the wider organisation, as well as continuing to apply your hands-on technical skills.
The ideal candidate will have all-round technical experience across the widespread technologies in use as well as Cyber Security expertis.
Over time this role will become a management position as the team continues to grow.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate will have all-round technical experience across the widespread technologies in use as well as Cyber Security expertis.
- Technical knowledge of the following technologies:
- VMWare, Windows Server, O365, Active Directory, LAN/WAN/Wireless, Exchange.
- Recognised technical qualification desirable (MCP/MCSE/CCNA,(ISC)2 CISSP or ISACA CISM)
- Demonstrable experience of development and management of Standard Operating Procedures and related system documentation with a focus on Cyber Security, Resilience and Governance.
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Strategic way of thinking - prevent rather than cure IT issues.
- Leadership/Management experience would be advantageous but not essential
What's on Offer
£48,000-£52,000 + excellent benefits