- Fantastic Renewable Energy Client in the Heart of Edinburgh
- Agile Working, Great Bonus and Benefits
About Our Client
Fantastic Renewable Energy Client with a European footprint and presence in Central Edinburgh.
- Contribute to the delivery of the end user IT services to the business and support projects.
- Responsible for setting up and managing outsource vendors who provide 1st and 2nd line support and work with internal IT to delivery best in class service.
- Responsible for commercial contracts for all outsourced IT services and maintain a commercial database of all services.
- Maintain a service catalogue of all IT services including assets and software.
- Ensure the IT team operating objectives and standards of performance are met
- Responsible for IT service standards and consistency across the group
- Ensure that all changes in legislation/regulation that affect licensing records/details and software are addressed and dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure Delivery of monthly service reports and present to IT Director and IT leadership team.
- Work in partnership with the other teams to ensure the overall delivery of the IT policies and objectives, procurement, and budgeting.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient operational performance of business systems and applications working with the Business Applications Manager (Peer).
- Maintain a stable and reliable environment for all IT systems and networks capable of delivering on agreed service levels and follow cybersecurity best practice following guidelines set by IT Security Manager (peer)
- Define, review, and monitor IT KPI's and ensure the team deliver against them.
- Ensure that IT adhere to and deliver against agreed SLAs with the business. The role will help defining those.
- Responsible for the management of mobile phones and smartphones.
- Work closely with IT Leadership Team, HR team on the development and implementation of training programmes to raise awareness of IT productivity tools.
- Implement an ITIL based environment methodology
- Maintain a high level of understanding of current and future technologies with a view to their level of appropriateness to the business.
- Ensure an IT Disaster Recovery Plan is in place, validated and tested regularly
- Ensure that Regular and controlled maintenance of the systems and applications follows change control with minimum impact to users.
- Deliver IT projects on time and to budget. Work with IT leadership team to deliver new initiatives.
- Carry out induction training and development programs, working with IT leadership and HR team.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in delivering IT systems and services in a mission critical environment.
- Commercial, with evidence of the ability to deliver pro-active and reactive plans.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data against key indicators, to monitor programmes, projects and plans to set targets.
- Computing degree or equivalent experience
- Accreditation in a project management methodology
- Accreditation in a service delivery methodology, ITIL is a must.
- Experience of leading/managing others to include training, development, motivating and setting goals
- Demonstrated proficiency using key software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project)
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet financial targets
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
What's on Offer
Great Salary, Bonus structure and Benefits with Agile Working.