IT Service Operations Manager
£50,000 - £55,000
A prestigious public sector institution who have relocated to Birmingham.
A leadership role which is both heavily technical and strategic in scope.
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proudly partnered with a very prestigious public sector organisation who are going through a significant level of growth, following high level of investment.
- As an organisation that is undergoing transformation, technology is at it's heart, and IT plays a central part in the direction and overall success of the institution. With this comes investment into Technology, and an environment where you will have a strong level of autonomy, and the freedom to drive change, with backing from senior leadership.
- The culture is fantastic, and certainly the right environment to build a career, with industry-leading benefits, and a modern outlook to the work-life harmony of staff.
- As the successful candidate for the IT Service Operations Manager role, you will report into a Head of IT, and also manage a small team of direct reports that are responsible for both Service Desk and Infrastructure.
- The role will be a mixture of strategically-focused Service Delivery responsibilities, as well as hands-on technical work from an Infrastructure standpoint.
- Change Management will be key. You will manage technical change, and bring processes in line with overall IT strategy, displaying a vision for the ongoing evolution of the organisation's IT.
- Vendor/supplier management will be a central part of the role, in addition to taking responsibility for licensing and compliance across areas such as software licensing.
- As mentioned, you will also have hands-on technical knowledge, with the ability to step into areas of infrastructure, such as networking and Office365.
The Successful Applicant
- As the successful candidate for the IT Service Operations Manager role you will be experienced in IT Change Management, and a track-record of delivering IT change across an organisation.
- Process development and adherence will be vital, preferably with a strong level of experience working within an ITIL environment, and having familiarity with ITIL processes and frameworks.
- You will be experienced in the management of a multi-functional team, acting as a role model, whilst also working closely with the wider senior management team, including the Head of IT.
- Given the elements of technical requirements, an infrastructure background will be key, with up-to-date knowledge in areas including Office365 and Active Directory from a Service Operations perspective.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 + company benefits.