- Join an organisation during a period of transformation
- An opportunity to upskill and develop with a reputable company
About Our Client
The Office for Students is an energetic, forward-looking organisation. They're looking for skilled, committed people who care about students and their experience of higher education. They especially want their organisation to be more diverse, so that they better reflect the student body in whose interests they work.
The role of the IT Solution Developer is to contribute to the agile delivery of the Digital Solution team's objectives through analysis, design, configuration or development, implementation, testing, documentation and support of OfS business applications and systems both internal and public facing utilising a low/no-code approach wherever possible.
- configuration, and integration of Azure (PaaS and SaaS) COTS products
- building and launching of apps using standard based tools, such as Power Apps and or other app provider tools
- creation of bespoke, standards compliant, client-side web apps (SPAs) when appropriate, REST APIs, server side web apps, and Azure serverless computing artefacts using modern agile software development best practice with full adherence to the OfS SDLC.
- Working closely with the solution architect, the business partners and the business process owners the role holder will create and document secure, maintainable, standards compliant software that meets the needs of the business ideally utilising low-code solutions using industry recognised design patterns and software engineering principles.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience with C#, Dynamics 365, Azure (Service Bus, Logic Apps, Function Apps), Azure DevOps highly desirable.
Bands 7 and 8:
- experience delivering software components that form part of a product
- ability to build software to meet user needs
- follows best practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines
- ability to write clean, secure code; experience of coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- ability to operate the services they build and identify issues in production
- At Band 7 a Digital Solution Specialist will have a capability typical of someone who has 2 to 3 years of experience working in a professional development team environment, developing apps utilising low-code approach.
- At Band 8 a Digital Solution Specialist will have a capability typical of someone who has 3 or more years of experience working in a professional development team environment, developing apps utilising both low-code and bespoke apps.
- experience delivering and integrating software to form a complete service
- ability to contribute to the most appropriate solution approach; taking into account the OfS architecture and the business requirement
- experience leading on software planning and development through a sets of related user stories; capable of understanding development tools and the whole system.
- Takes responsibility for teaching this to others
- experience working with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built
- experience coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues; ability to operate the production services they build
- and find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability.
What's on Offer
A salary of £31,177-48,402, dependant upon experience
Learning and development
Holiday allowance: 25 days per year and rises to 30 after five years' service
Maternity/adoption/paternity leave: OfS help you put family first with occupational maternity pay in excess of statutory, and generous paternity and adoption leave
Pension scheme: circa 27% employer contribution
Flexible working: OfS find an arrangement that works for everyone and many work flexibly, part-time or in job shares
Hybrid working: Currently staff have the opportunity to up to work 60% of their contracted time remotely and up to 30% of their working hours outside core hours of 9-5
Equipment for working at home