IT Support Engineer
You will join a great IT team as part of a market-leading Technology Retailer.
You will provide support across desktop, server and networking technologies.
About Our Client
* Michael Page are proud to be partnered with one of Birmingham's leading technology distribution businesses, who are a market leader in their sector.
* The business have a rich history, stretching back over 3 decades, over which time they have consolidated their position as a leading retail supply solution provider, with an iconic Midlands brand.
* The organisation are firmly established, with over 200 staff, and a talented IT function centred at their Birmingham head office.
* The culture of the business is fantastic - extremely sociable, with regular activities and events throughout the calendar year. They really epitomise the 'work-hard-play-hard' culture.
* Progression is excellent, and you'll get the chance to build a real career. They also really look after their staff, with superb perks and benefits, such as gym memberships and well-being schemes.
- As the IT Support Engineer you will work in a fluid team, splitting your responsibilities mainly across 2nd and 3rd line support.
- You will get the chance to work across the infrastructure space, covering networking and server responsibilities, such as Switching, Routing and Firewall support, in addition to Windows Server and VMware.
- The central focus will be desktop support, predominantly of Microsoft-based technologies, such as Windows 10, Active Directory and Office365, in addition to PC/laptop break-fix.
- This is the perfect role for an established Infrastructure Engineer who is keen to move into a fluid role that covers desktop, server and networking work, or a strong Desktop Support Engineer who is looking to move into a business and take advantage of career progression opportunities through to 3rd line support and project-based work.
- The business is very 'people-facing', so you will be working in a hands-on, user-facing environment on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for the IT Support Engineer vacancy, you will have 2-3 years' experience with:
- Windows Server 2012.
- Windows 10.
- Active Directory.
- Networking (DHCP / DNS) - A CCNA would be great!
- Office365 / Exchange Server.
What's on Offer
£28,000 - £32,000 + great corporate benefits package.